Any enquiries can be sent to the following address:
Health Protection Scotland
NHS National Services Scotland
5 Cadogan Street
Tel: 0141 300 1100
Fax: 0141 300 1170
We're unable to provide clinical advice to members of the public so please contact your GP, NHS 111 or visit the NHS inform website.
Please note that we may not be the most appropriate organisation to deal with your enquiry, so please refer to the following information to help direct your enquiry.
Local health protection or infection control issues
You should contact your local NHS board's public health department in the first instance if your enquiry is about a local health protection or infection control issue, for example:
- reporting a notifiable infection or outbreak of infectious disease
- vaccine/immunisation provision and schedules
- care provision by a local hospital, care home, nursery, school
If you wish to know which NHS board covers your local area, visit the Scotland's Health on the Web website.
Local environmental health problems
Please contact your local authority environmental health department to assist if your enquiry relates to local environmental health problems, for example:
- local environmental hazards
- possible contraventions of Environmental Public Health legislation, for example, food complaints, bonfires, damp housing, noise nuisance, waste disposal, pest control
If you wish to know which council covers your local area, please visit the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA) website.
How to find us
Our staff are currently located at Meridian Court in Glasgow city centre.
NHS National Services Scotland (NSS) has produced a complaints policy.
For the purpose of this policy, NSS defines a complaint as: "Any expression of dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf".
You may register a complaint using this procedure if you're:
- a user of an NSS service
- a contributor to NSS' services or activities
- affected by the content of NSS' services
For more details of the complaints procedure, please visit the complaints section of the NSS website.
Our organisation's Complaints Officer is Kate Harley and can be reached on 0141 300 1100 or by email.