The Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) Compendium provides an overview of all up to date HAI guidance from stakeholders and organisations. Weblinks include:
- current national policy and guidance on HAI
- antimicrobial prescribing and resistance
- other related topics
The Compendium is updated on a monthly basis to ensure that it remains current.
Pathogen specific guidance can be found in the A to Z pathogens on the National Infection Prevention and Control Manual (NIPCM) website.
The Compendium includes links to the NIPCM which is mandatory for all NHSScotland care settings and includes practice guides, appendices and literature reviews for the following:
- standard infection control precautions
- transmission based precautions
- HAI incidents and outbreaks