The Scottish Environmental Incident Surveillance System (SEISS) recorded the following incident in the past week:
- On 4 March 2020, BBC news reported that a primary school in Bishopbriggs was evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak. Pupils and staff temporarily left Wester Cleddens School after a new alarm picked up traces of the gas. The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) later confirmed a gas boiler had been at fault. The carbon monoxide alarm was fitted after nearby Balmuildy primary was evacuated and closed for several days following a leak in February 2020. East Dunbartonshire Council said children and staff had not been at risk during the Wester Cleddens incident. The gas boiler, which is a back-up to a biomass boiler, will be repaired.
More detailed information can be found on the SEISS website.