On 5 May 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) Global Hand Hygiene Day takes place. The theme this year is ‘Save lives: clean your hands’ and the calls to action are:
- Nurses: ‘Clean and safe care starts with you.’
- Midwives: ‘Your hands make all the difference for mothers and babies.’
- Policy makers: ‘Increase nurse staffing levels to prevent infection and improve quality of care. Create the means to empower nurses and midwives.’
- IPC leaders: ‘Empower nurses and midwives in providing clean care.’
- Patients and families: ‘Safer care for you, with you.’
More information and resources on Global Hand Hygiene Day are on the WHO website.