This literature review aims to review the evidence base for using microfibre products for decontamination of the healthcare environment.
- To provide a generic description of microfibre, including the proposed or actual mechanism of action and the procedure for use.
- To assess the scientific evidence for effectiveness of microfibre.
- To explore practical and safety considerations related to the use of microfibre.
- To explore the costs associated with microfibre.
- To produce a concise evidence summary for microfibre to assist the Equipment and Environmental Decontamination Steering Expert Advisory Group in making practical recommendations on the use of microfibre for NHSScotland.